AIDA64 Extreme Edition is an industry-leading system information and hardware monitor tool, loved by PC enthusiasts around the world, which not only provides extremely detailed information about both hardware and installed software but also helps users diagnose issues and offers benchmarks to measure the performance of the computer.
This is an advanced system diagnostics utility that gathers important information on the computer’s hardware and software configuration. It also lets users test the capabilities of the memory, CPU, and FPU by running complex benchmarks. Suffice it to say, this tool is designed for advanced PC users.
AIDA64 Extreme has a hardware detection engine unrivaled in its class. It provides detailed information about installed software and offers diagnostic functions and support for overclocking. As it is monitoring sensors in real-time, it can gather accurate voltage, temperature, and fan speed readings, while its diagnostic functions help detect and prevent hardware issues.
It also offers a couple of benchmarks for measuring either the performance of individual hardware components or the whole system. It is compatible with all 32-bit and 64-bit Windows editions, including Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
The setup procedure is fast and simple. It is wrapped in a user-friendly interface with a neatly organized layout, where all information on PC components is broken down into separate categories. It is rather vast and covers general areas of the PC such as overlock, sensors, and power management.
||Windows 7, 8, 10
||Intel Pentium or later
||128 MB RAM
||100 MB free hard disk space required.
AIDA64 Extreme Edition Hardware Monitor Software For Windows Features
- Diagnostics: It provides over 50 pages of information on hardware configuration and over 50 pages of installed programs, software licenses, security applications, and Windows settings.
- Stress testing: System Stability Test uses a 64-bit multi-threaded stress testing module to drive the computer to its absolute limits. Hard disk, SSD, and OpenCL GPGPU video adapter stress testing is also available.
- Accuracy: It has the most accurate hardware detection capabilities in its class, to provide detailed information on the computer internals without the need to open it up. The hardware detection module is strengthened by an exhaustive hardware database holding over 176,000 entries.
- Software audit: It provides over 50 pages of information on installed programs, software licenses, security applications, and Windows settings. A list of started processes, services, DLL files, startup programs, and visited web pages is also available.
- External display support: This software can display vital system data on a variety of LCD/VFD devices connected to the computer. The latest AIDA 64 release supports over 50 LCD and VFD screens and introduces wireless remote monitoring of sensor values on smartphones and tablets.
- Measurements: It supports over 250 various sensor devices to measure temperatures, voltages, fan speeds, and power draw. Measured values can be displayed on System Tray icons, OSD panel, Desktop Gadget, Logitech G15/G19 Gaming Keyboard LCD, and Razer SwitchBlade LCD.
As far as this software configuration is concerned, it is possible to switch to another UI language, change the layout order, point out the output folder for creating reports, enable email notifications when performing benchmarks, filter event logs, add custom components to the list to keep an eye on, and much more.
AIDA64 Extreme is hardware monitor software obviously puts a strain on CPU and RAM. However, it uses low resources otherwise. It has a good response time and worked well throughout evaluation, without triggering the OS to hang, crash or pop up error messages. Those interested in extra features may look into AIDA64 Engineer, AIDA64 Business Edition.