There are seasons that Apple excites its customers with a pack of accessories. For instance, you will get an exceptional experience when using AirPods compared to any other Bluetooth headphone. However, there are areas in which Apple does not match up to the competitive products in the market. Sometimes third-party manufacturers take center stage and outshine Apple products. An excellent example of such a product is the magnetic MagSafe Battery pack for iPhone 12. This website will help you demystify the drawbacks of this accessory and why it is not suitable for your iPhone 12.
How does MagSafe Battery Pack work?
It is rectangular and had a magnet on its side. One may also call it a power bank. The magnet makes it easy for you to attach it to the rear side of your iPhone 12 pro-Max, 12 Pro, 12 mini, and iPhone 12. You can buy the power bank for $99. It is the first of its kind that supports reverse wireless charging. The MagSafe Battery Pack for iPhone 12 comes with an assimilated capability similar to any other MagSafe accessory. This feature enables you to use it concurrently is to charge it as you charge your phone. However, it prioritizes charging the phone and will commence charging itself when the phone charge is 80% or more. You can use a lightning cable to charge the MagSafe Battery Pack.
Why you should not buy the MagSafe Battery pack
From the looks of it, it sounds like an excellent device that everyone should have. However, you need to look into the detail to understand why it is not suitable for your iPhone 12. And most of the time, you will not readily find these details. Some of the reasons include the following:
- Usability: The MagSafe Battery Pack will put you through several inconveniences like the MagSafe Wallet. When you connect the MagSafe Battery Pack, it firmly holds because of the strong magnet. It is difficult to shake it off. However, there are cases where a simple poke using your fingers is sufficient to unstick the magnets. It is not uplifting news for a frill that will be going all through your pockets the entire day. Also, there is a huge difference between what you will see in the advertising images for the MagSafe battery pack and what you experience in reality.
- Battery capability: This power accessory has a small capacity. It has an 11.13Wh 1460 mAh inside. However, the iPhone 12 comes with a 10.80 Wh battery. This makes it inadequate. Also, keep in mind that there is always some capacity to lose when you are charging your phone. Charging your iPhone 12 using MagSafe Battery Pack is slow since its charging capacity is 5W. The capacity of the iPhone 12 battery is big. So using this power bank makes it struggle to charge. It will not charge your phone to 100% in most cases, and it will take a long to reach 90%. Also, Qi wireless system for charging is not widely used because it is inefficient.
However, there is an advantage to this. The Apple MagSafe Battery pack 11Wh battery is larger than all other products from third-party producers. It doubles the competition bringing it to an actual capacity of 2920mAh. However, it does not cut it for the iPhone 12. The wireless charging and power loss make it inefficient and not a good choice.
Additionally, you can use the 20W connector through a lighting port to charge your phone faster. Also, it does not accompany a cable or an adapter in the case.
Cheaper and better alternatives
The reality is that the MagSafe Battery pack will only get your iPhone 12 to a range of 70 to 90 percent of charge. It will also take a long time. The solution to this problem is either to downgrade your phone or get a better version of the battery pack. If downgrading is not an option, there are other alternatives that you can check out. Some third-party battery packs offer better performance and a cost-effective. They have the same features as the MagSafe Battery Pack. They include:
- Anker PowerCore Magnetic 5K ($46): You can buy it for around $46. It will just charge the iPhone 12 Pro Max to 75%. It’s appraised to charge the iPhone 12 small scale completely, and it will completely charge the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro (95% to 97%). It’s a comparable pack to Mophie’s and possesses a 5000 mAh battery inside. Anker’s PowerCore Magnetic 5K is another battery pack from a respectable brand.
- Mophie snap+ juice pack mini: You can buy it for around $50. You can charge this device using a USB-C port. It has 5000 mAh, which is sufficient to charge your phone completely.
- HyperJuice ($40): This is quite possibly the most well-known and solid attractive battery pack. It supports 7.5W remote charging and has a 5000 mAh battery.
Advantages of MagSafe Battery pack
If you need one, it is ok to buy the MagSafe Battery Pack. It has a good battery health management system, tight mix with iOS. It is the solitary genuine MagSafe Battery Pack available. It is user-friendly.