BitTorrent Filehippo Client is a desktop application that initiates, truncates and manages the downloading and uploading of data using the BitTorrent file-sharing protocol. The software utility tool protocol designed by programmer Bram Cohen in April 2001 and released the first implementation of the BitTorrent client on 2 July 2001. It supports the operation and execution of the BitTorrent network protocol on a local machine and is supported by most operating systems.
This software Client is primarily designed to enable peer-to-peer communication services through this software protocol for sharing, downloading and seeding data to a group of globally connected peers powered by the same protocol.
This application isn’t just used for downloading files (movies, games, documents, videos, MP3 music and other material), but also for sharing them, letting new torrents be created.
BitTorrent Filehippo Features
Fastest File Delivery
Move big files quickly and efficiently. The technology breaks big files down into small pieces. The files are then downloaded, piece by piece, from one or many different sources. Since the files are broken down into tiny bites, you use less bandwidth. Which means your downloads move a lot faster.
Unlimited Downloading, Almost Free
Download gigabytes. Download terabytes. Distribute petabytes. With Bit Torrent, there are no limits to the number of files you can download or the amount of data you can move.
Instant play on in-progress downloads
Watch while you download. You don’t need to wait for your files to finish downloading to start using them. Press play on media files, and watch, listen or read them as you download.
Remote Control Download
The application may configure to Permit You to remotely track your downloads via browser or via the Android program, BitTorrent Remote
Built-in Speed Booster
Optimize speed for your connection. Bit Torrent Filehippo auto-adjusts bandwidth usage, based on your network and Internet connection, to ensure fast file delivery. Your downloads run in the background. Which means they’ll never slow down video chats or gameplay.
Speed Guide: determines the actual upload and download speed of the connection being used and automatically chooses the optimal setting in the program so that downloads are carried out as quickly as possible.
Apps: A downloadable plugin interface can be installed with one click, allowing you to expand the capabilities of the software.
BitTorrent Utility Guidelines
Torrent files are one of the most popular forms of file sharing on the internet, and they can look a little daunting to newcomers. Once you master them, though, you’ll have access to virtually any file you can imagine. Using a torrent client is not illegal, as long as you have the right to download, view and distribute (share) the file. Always ensure that you are legally allowed to use any of the files you download. See Step 1 below to learn how to use the BitTorrent client.
1. Visit the BitTorrent website. You can download the client for free from the BitTorrent website. The link for the download is located in the center of the homepage. If you need an installer for a different operating system, click the “Other Platforms + Betas” link underneath the “Get BitTorrent” button.
2. Download and install the client. You will be asked to choose between the free version or BitTorrent Plus. Most users will not need the plus version, as you can download and open as many torrents as you want with the free version.
- Only download the BitTorrent client from the BitTorrent website. There are other torrent clients available, but the one called BitTorrent should only be downloaded from the developers.
3. Ensure that file associations are correct. If you want Filehippo Bittorrent to be the default program when you open a torrent, ensure that BitTorrent is associated with .torrent (.tor) files as well as Magnet URIs. You can make sure these boxes are checked during the installation process. Failing to set this option will result in the web browser downloading the small torrent file only. If the BitTorrent program is associated with .tor files, it will automatically detect the browser downloading the .tor file. The BitTorrent program will open it, locate the actual file, program, video, etc. that you’re trying to get and download it seamlessly.
- BitTorrent will attempt to give you free music along with some adware during the installation process. Make sure that these are disabled before continuing with the installation (unless you want them).
Minimum Requirements For BitTorrent Filehippo
1) While the player included in the Pro Client natively works for streaming, you are able to swap in another client if you desire. Go to Options -> Preferences -> Playback. Once in this menu, you are able to select from the dropdown list another player you have installed. Common players include VLC and Windows Media Player.
2) You generally need basic high-speed Internet (<1 Mbps likely won’t work well). The higher the available bandwidth, the faster the required pieces of the file can load and begin the streaming.
3) The torrent you download may affect your ability to stream because of its file format or size. The availability of the needed file pieces in the swarm will also effect the files’ ability to be streamed.