ConnectWise Filehippo is a lightweight and intuitive piece of software developed to offer you the means of connecting to other people’s computers for remote assistance sessions, allowing you to control the targeted Mac or Windows PC over the web, with little to no effort. Handle online seminars and presentations using remote conferences. ConnectWise contains the same features as competing for remote control programs and is available like a self-hosted or cloud solution.
ScreenConnect to ConnectWise:
Elsinore Technologies originally developed ScreenConnect in 2008 as an add-on to their RMM Software IssueNet in order to assist in providing remote support to end-users. Following favorable feedback from users, the company later decided to distribute the software as a standalone product on February 11, 2015, PSA company ConnectWise announced their acquisition of the ScreenConnect software in order to improve the remote control features of the latest release of their RMM Software, LabTech.
ConnectWise Filehippo Features
Installation and configuration steps
Following the swift installation, the tool launches in your default web browser, prompting you to set it up the first time you use it, by entering the preferred username and password, then input your license key.
If you do not have one, you can generate it using your email address, copying the data from one field to the other, then continuing with the configuration.
Connect and control the remote machine
The tabbed interface allows you to switch between ‘Support’, ‘Meetings’ and ‘Access’, enabling you to create a new session by entering the client computer’s details. ConnectWise works on a ‘Invite / Join’ basis, supporting multiple simultaneous operations.
ConnectWise does not need a client application installed on the targeted machine, which makes it easier both for the person in front of that PC and for you to work with, the only condition being the Internet access.
However, you do have the option of creating an installer that can be run on remote systems, letting you choose the name, extension type, and ‘Join Mode’ (‘Invitation Only’, ‘Published’, ‘Simple Code’, ‘Secure Code’). ConnectWise allows for communication between computers, while also providing you with the possibility of creating a shared folder between the two.
Useful remote access instrument
To sum it up, ConnectWise Filehippo is a handy and easy to use program meant to assist you in performing technical support tasks on remote computers, enabling you to connect to several machines at the same time and transfer files, record their screen or collaborate with other people.
Other Useful Features
– The central web program serves as the meeting point among your customers and technicians.
– Access from anyplace gives you the capability to deal with problems wherever there is an internet connection.
– Zero install clients avert waiting for customers to stumble through installation.
– Clever launching selects the simplest deployment way regardless of platform.
– Smooth firewall traversal for both customers and technicians makes life simpler on everyone.
– Proxy traversal is not a problem, as ConnectWise uses system settings to set up the connection.
– No administrator access is needed for customers or technicians to join a session.
– Multiple session support enables technicians to work on numerous sessions simultaneously.
– Configuration with the domain name and custom ports grants for any combination of access points.
|Developer||Elsinore Technologies Inc. ||
|License||Free to try (Shareware)|
|Last Week Downloads||1|
|All Time Downloads||1,895|
|OS Support||Windows All|
Conclusion: ConnectWise has been tested by an expert’s team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. Our editors will recheck this software periodically to assure that it remains clean.