Comodo Internet Security Premium free is a multi-layered, and complete security suite that includes firewall plus antivirus protection for PC. It prevents your PC from any attacks, spyware, threats, malware, and trojans. This software combines powerful Antivirus protection, an enterprise-class packet filtering firewall, advanced host intrusion prevention, application control, and anti-spyware in one supremely powerful application.
I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We’ve created life in our own image.
– Stephen Hawking
It offers to change your DNS servers to Comodo SecureDNS servers (it has a description) and to enable “Cloud-Based Behavior Analysis” of unrecognized programs by submitting them to it.
All the tools in Comodo Internet Security come conveniently bundled in a single interface, where they’re easily managed and configured thanks to a clean tab menu. The program is complete as regards configuration options and customization settings, but at the same time, it looks easy enough for the average user.
It also features a friendly graphical user interface; granular configuration options; easily understood and informative alerts; wizard-based detection of trusted zones and much more. The tool delivers enterprise-class protection and can be used out of the box – so even the most inexperienced users will not have to deal with complex configuration issues after installation. The app is available in many different languages and is free for life.
What is Internet Security?
Internet security is a branch of computer security that involves various security measures taken for ensuring browser security, network security, security of other applications and operating systems. Since most of the cyber- attacks and malware programs originate from the internet, the primary goal of Internet security is to offer rules and regulations against cyber- attacks that arise from the Internet.
Comodo Internet Security Features
- Default Deny Protection (DDP): Known and listed PC-safe files and applications are easily identified and able to access your PC.
- Prevention-Based Protection: Firewall and Antivirus combine to stop viruses and malware before they enter the PC.
- Spyware Scanning: Spyware Scanner detects and cleans malware infections in the PC registry and disks.
- Auto Sandbox Technology: The sandbox is a virtual operating environment for untrusted programs — ensuring viruses and other malicious software are completely isolated from the rest of your computer.
- Secure Shopping: Total security for online shopping and banking. Features browser isolation, keylogger prevention, copy-paste protection, screen capture blocking, and SSL certificate inspection.
- Cloud-Based Antivirus: This antivirus scanning detects malicious files even if a user does not have up-to-date virus definitions.
- Behavior Analysis: The behavior analysis system detects zero-day malware INSTANTLY.
- Whitelisting: Whitelisting of trusted publishers easily identifies a safe file and vendor.
- Malicious Website Filtering: Keeps you safe online by automatically blocking dangerous websites and allows you to set up custom block lists for different members of your family.
- Exclusive Access To Comodo’s “Safe-List”: List of over two million known PC-friendly files and applications so safe files and apps are allowed to run.
- Application Control: Provides users with the ability to lockdown their PC so only known good applications can run.
- Personal Protection Alert: Firewall quickly learns the rules you set for downloading software, and adjusts its alerts accordingly to fit your needs.
- Game Mode: This Cloud based antivirus scanning detects malicious file even if a user does not have up-to-date virus definitions.
- One-Click Virus Scanning: Make sure your PC is clean with one simple button click.
- Uncluttered, User-Friendly Interface: Quickly navigate through the various parts of Firewall protection without getting lost.
- Through Security “Wizards”: Preset security settings for simple point-and-click setup.
||Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
||400 MB hard disk space
||152 MB RAM
Pros and Cons Of Comodo Internet Security
|Nice design, easy to use
||It takes a while to configure it properly
|Comprehensive security tool
||Difficult for beginners
||Tech support unavailable in free version
||No privacy security tools
|Monitor planned scans
|Not resource intensive
FAQ’s For Comodo Internet Security
- What makes Internet Security better than my current Antivirus and Firewall combo?
Internet Security is a security suite plus. More than just an antivirus program, it also includes an award-winning firewall, host intrusion prevention, a sandbox for untrusted software, anti-malware and buffer overflow protection to deliver comprehensive protection against today’s diverse range of threats.
- What makes this product different from the others?
It’s simple: prevention-based, Default Deny Protection. It works by only allowing trusted files to run on your system. Files that are not trusted are run inside the new sandbox
- Is it free for business users too?
Yes. However, enterprises looking to implement Internet Security on large networks of workstations would benefit from the centralized management capabilities of Comodo Advanced Endpoint Security.
- Can I install only the Firewall or only the Antivirus?
Yes — you are given the option to install exactly the components you want during setup.
- What is the sandbox and how does it protect me?
The sandbox is a virtual operating environment created within your computer for unknown and untrusted programs. Internet Security automatically runs untrusted programs in the sandbox where they cannot make changes to processes, programs or data on your ‘real’ system. This protection goes well beyond traditional Antivirus software by ensuring any brand new viruses are completely isolated and cannot cause damage.
- Will programs run OK in the Sandbox?
Yes. Applications in the sandbox are run under a carefully selected set of privileges and will write to a virtual file system and registry instead of the real system. This means untrusted (but harmless) applications have the freedom to operate as usual while malicious programs are prevented from accessing or infecting your computer. This provides the smoothest and most secure user experience possible.
Comodo Internet Security Premium provides total security protection for your PC to secure from any threats, malwares, attacks and viruses. For those who understand both the threats and how to defend against them, this app provides the full range of control necessary to provide a highly secure environment. The design is both visually appealing and easy to navigate – which is not always an easy combination to pull off. So, it is a brilliant security application for your PC’s protection.