Cute PDF Writer is a free PDF converter software that easily and securely converts any document into PDF file. It converts to professional-quality PDF files from any printable document. It provides the facility to easily combine or split PDF files, add security with the password, modify PDF properties, stamp header or footer and much more! It is free software for personal, commercial, government or education use.
It installs in seconds and automatically configures itself as a virtual printer found in your ‘Printers’ folder under the name CutePDF Writer and quickly convert your file into PDF format.
Feature of Cute PDF Writer
- It allows you to change Document Properties, add Passwords with security settings and do much more.
- Added support for Server 2008/2012/2016/2019 and Terminal Server.
- Added support for basic programmatic access.
- The new version works with the latest version of Ghostscript.
- To use it with other PS2 PDF applications.
- Supports foreign language Windows better.
- No longer include Ghostscript. You may download and install it separately.
Benefits of Cute PDF Writer
- Effortlessly offer your customers a PDF writer with your own title.
- Affordably empower your solutions or services to create high-quality PDFs.
- Allow developers to integrate PDF creation on the fly.
- Dramatically reduce development costs. Especially for FoxPro, an Access database application. Think how hard it will be to create PDFs object by object using other PDF libraries.
- Seamlessly support Terminal/Citrix Server and non-English Windows system.
- Easily create secured (128-bit encryption) PDF documents in a single step.
- Easy to use Preference Utility for setting default saving location, auto filename, view or email after creation.
- Combining multiple jobs into a single PDF file (extension module only).
How to use CutePDF Writer?
Just click Print and select CutePDF Writer as your printer. It’s that simple.
- Select a file in any application that prints and open it.
- Choose “File” > “Print”.
- Choose “CutePDF Writer” as the printer in the Print dialog box, and click “OK”.
(Do Not select “Print to File” option.)
- Enter a new file name for your PDF and select options. “Save” to your desired location.
How to change Document Properties before saving the document?
- Click on Document Properties… to open the Document Properties dialog box.
- Enter a title, subject, and author, and one or more keywords. Separate keywords with a comma.
- You can also set Open Options (Initial View) for document properties here.
- Click OK.
How to add Passwords with security settings before saving the document?
- Click on Add Passwords to open the Standard Security dialog box.
- In the Security dialog box, specify any password protection you want:
- Select Password Required to Open Document and, in the User Password text box, enter the password users must enter before they can open the file.
- Select Password Required to Change Permissions and Passwords and, in the Master Password text box, enter the password users must enter before they can set or change any security options in Adobe Acrobat.
- Choose the encryption level:
The 40-bit RC4 encryption level has a lower level of security but is compatible with Acrobat 3 and 4. The 128-bit RC4 encryption level has a higher level of security but is compatible only with Acrobat 5 and up.
- Select options to define the limit of user actions allowed:
- No Printing to prevent users from printing the file.
- No Changing the Document to prevent users from creating form fields, as well as making any other changes.
- No Content Copying or Extraction, Disable Accessibility to prevent users from copying text and graphics and to disable the accessibility interface.
- No Adding or Changing Comments or Form Fields to prevent users from adding or changing these areas. (Users can fill in the fields.)
- No Form Fields Fill-in (128-bit Only) to prevent users from filling in the fields.
- Click OK.
How To uninstall CutePDF Writer?
Activate the Control Panel, double click Programs, and Features, and double click on the CutePDF Writer list box entry.
The Frequently asked question for Cute PDF Writer
How to add a custom paper size?
Go to Control Panel -> Printers and Faxes. Choose Server Properties command on the File menu. Add your paper size on the Forms tab. Then, please select the exact matched paper size (and orientation) during printing (in print dialog box, click on Properties -> Advanced).
On Windows 7/8, please go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Print Management -> Printer Servers -> %computer name% -> Forms. Click on Action menu -> Manage Forms to add the custom form.
||A minimum of 8 MB hard disk space.
||Cute PDF Writer V 4.0
||Acro Software Inc
Cute PDF Writer is a free and secure virtual printer which is easily and quickly convert your any type of file into PDF format. Portable Document Format (PDF) is the de facto standard for the secure and reliable distribution and exchange of electronic documents and forms around the world.