CyberGhost VPN Filehippo is a piece of software that hides your IP address and reroutes your internet traffic through an encrypted VPN tunnel and allow access to restricted websites. This way, you can protect your digital identity from your ISP, government authorities, and snoopers. It is a fast, simple, and efficient way to protect your online privacy.
CyberGhost VPN is the best VPN software to protect your Mac device. It is Turn your Mac into the ultimate privacy device. It allows you to surf the Internet freely, as if in disguise, regardless of the type of application you use and from where you log in.
The whole point of using a VPN is to make your device less vulnerable to outside threats such as cybercriminals, hackers, or snoops. As long as you are using a reputable provider that has a No Log policy, such as CyberGhost VPN, using a VPN is not only safe, it is recommended.
CyberGhost VPN gives you the best of both worlds: it’s simple to use on the go, but complex enough to secure your every connection.
CyberGhost VPN for Mac doesn’t track you or keep any logs of your activity, offers DNS leak protection, blocks social media cookies and cookies which track your surfing behavior, and offers you infallible security through the internet kill switch: if your VPN connection drops, all your traffic will be securely blocked in order to avoid leaking.
CyberGhost VPN Filehippo offers more than online data privacy. Using 6200+ servers from 89 countries can help you unblock streaming services, access websites, and watch sporting competitions from all around the globe.
Features of CyberGhost VPN Filehippo
- Over 1,800 VPN servers: Choose a server from the over 60 countries the tool connects you to and you’ll be surfing the web from a new location in no time! It’s really that easy. Like this, you will have unrestricted access to content from your home country when you’re away, or from any other location for that matter. Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube don’t work on your MacBook? Forget about geo-restrictions with this VPN for Mac.
- Automatic Kill Switch: VPN services also come with a kill switch. This way, your real IP address is never exposed online. If your VPN connection drops, the kill switch takes over and disconnects you from the internet. Your privacy is never in danger.
- Strict No logs policy: This VPN App genuinely cares for your privacy and cut no corners when it comes to it. So, It has a strict No logs policy in place. Whenever you connect to VPN servers, you’re the only one knowing what you do online.
- Dedicated to transparency: It protects your privacy in the Transparency Report.
- One-click VPN connection – New: Encrypt internet traffic on Wi-Fi, 3G/4G or cable-based connections in just one click.
- Smart Rules – New: Fully customize how the program works to protect privacy by assigning specific triggers for different actions.
- Best Location – New: Connect to the fastest server based on location, with requests handled rapidly.
- Easier to use than ever – New: The new Cyber Ghost app is easy to master, regardless of technical ability. The clean, simple design guarantees instant VPN protection.
- Compatible: Macintosh computer with an Intel x86 processor. macOS Lion (10.7) | macOS Mountain Lion (10.8) | macOS Mavericks (10.9) | macOS Yosemite (10.10) | macOS El Capitan (10.11) macOS Sierra (10.12) | macOS High Sierra (10.13).
Other Feature of CyberGhost VPN Filehippo
- Highest possible speed
- Unlimited bandwidth and traffic
- Access to over 6200 servers worldwide
- DNS and IP Leak Protection
- Strict No Logs Policy
- OpenVPN, L2TP-IPsec and PPTP protocols
- Simultaneous connections on up to 7 device
- Friendly support: chat or email
How to install CyberGhost 7 for Mac OS?
Take the following steps in order to quickly install CyberGhost 7 on your Mac:
- Download CyberGhost (the PKG file) on your Mac
- You can start the installation by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions
During the installation you may be required to allow the installation of ‘new software’, requiring you to enter your macOS Username and Password (NOTE: this is your macOS user account, not your CyberGhost credentials)
After installing, your Operating System (the MacOS) will need to grant CyberGhost permission to actually run on the machine. Clicking ‘Deny’ will block CyberGhost from connecting to the VPN servers. CyberGhost will also notify you of this.
After clicking “Allow keychain access”, you’ll be presented with a KeyChain dialogue box where you will have to enter your macOS account password (this is NOT your CyberGhost password or your iTunes/AppStore password, it simply refers to the password for your Local macOS account, the one you use when starting the Mac).
Please enter your Local macOS account password and click ‘Always Allow’!
How to sign up (new users) in CyberGhost VPN 7 for macOS?
Directly after a new installation CyberGhost 7 for macOS starts with the Log-in screen:
If you are new to CyberGhost, the app offers you a cost-free trial, including all features and the full functionality of the infrastructure, no limitations set.
To start the trial, please tap on ‘Sign up’ and register for a new account. An account is necessary to use the CyberGhost service and can be created anonymously.
Enter a valid email address, type in a password twice, and accept the CyberGhost privacy policies and terms and conditions.
Please note that you need to confirm the email address given to receive the full trial time.
After confirming the link in the email sent to you, the CyberGhost app welcomes you and activates all features for a limited time. To begin to click on ‘Start your trial’. CyberGhost will switch instantly to the main screen, where you can power up your first VPN connection.
How to use CyberGhost VPN 7 Filehippo for macOS?
To start CyberGhost opens the Finder via ‘Favorites/Applications’ or uses Siri by saying ‘Start CyberGhost’.
The app will open with the main screen, stating you are not protected yet.
To activate the VPN click on the yellow power button (while the connection mode is in ‘Best Location’).
To cancel your connection you don’t have to wait until the connection process ends. Just click on the yellow power button while connecting.
In case you don’t want to use the ‘Best location’ feature, choose a country or server by either clicking on the ‘Best Location’ entry (to open a list of favorite connections) or the yellow arrows on the left side to open a list of all available servers.
How to fast-choose a connection directly via the connection line?
After clicking on the connection line you see a menu, where you can choose an entry from a list of favorite connections:
The first area includes favorites from all CyberGhost servers, either complete countries (while the server to be used will be chosen from the pool by CyberGhost), or single servers. The second and third area provides downloading and streaming favorites.
Click on an entry, return to the main screen and fire up the chosen connection by clicking on the yellow power button. It will be established immediately.
How to choose a connection from the main server lists
After clicking on the yellow side lap the main window will open and allow you to extend your CyberGhost experience, e. g. to:
- Choose and manage servers: 4 different server lists will allow you to choose from all types of connections available, such as a specific country, a single server, a favorited sever, a streaming-optimized server or even a Torrents-optimized server. Furthermore, you can filter out the connection to be used by markers such as distance, user load, and ping, and add or remove a server as a favorite.
- Favorites: This list displays all single servers, countries, streaming and torrent connections you previously marked as favorites.
- All servers: Displays all countries available and, if extended, all single servers available for the resp. extended country entry.
- For torrenting: If you want to download Torrents or other files you most often need a compatible server, since not all countries, for example, allow P2P technologies such as Torrents. Also, you might want the best performance available.
- For streaming: In case you want to stream content from a certain country (e. g. to watch home TV when on a trip), you need a server capable of delivering high-resolution content as well as being equipped to work with the wanted streaming platform.
- Connection features: To additionally secure and privatize your web experience CyberGhost offers a couple of ‘Extras’, such as an anti-malware filter, an ad blocker, a data compressor and more.
- Smart rules: Customize your CyberGhost experience by defining ‘Smart Rules’, such as ‘When I enter an open hotspot, CyberGhost should protect me instantly’.
- Account: In case you are curious about your subscription details or need a shortcut to your online account (e. g. to remove devices or to configure native protocols), this is the place to go.
- Settings: Fine-tune your CyberGhost installation and the way it connects you.
||Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or newer OS
||At least 70 Megabytes of free hard drive space
||CyberGhost VPN V 188.8.131.52
CyberGhost VPN for Mac is a fast VPN service that keeps you secure and protected while browsing online. You can also browse freely without bandwidth or traffic limitations, and CyberGhost VPN for Mac supports super high-speed connections, so you won’t be slowed down.