GameMaker studio 2 is a powerful yet easy-to-use intermediary game development tool great for those who have the basic knowledge of coding, but are still learning. It offers useful features and libraries that allow users to create fun and entertaining games without the need to be a coding “pro”. Users will be able to develop complex games perfectly playable in different operating systems like Windows, Mac, iOS, or Android. These last three will be only available for the paid version of the application.
You can make an amazing game, but you can’t make a success. Your players make the success.
– Irme Jele
This software is the ultimate 2D development environment. Making game development accessible to everyone means taking away the barriers to getting started. Using an intuitive ‘Drag and Drop’ development environment you can have your game up and running in a matter of minutes without ever having to write any code! GameMaker’s built-in language (GML) helps you learn to program as you go and not jump in at the deep end of coding.
GameMaker allows you to implement AAA game features hassle-free. Bring your games to life with 2D physics, create a thriving player base with cross-platform network play, and create stunning visual effects using shaders.
||Windows 7 (64 bit only, Service Pack 1 or above)
||64 bit Intel-compatible Dual-Core CPU
||DX11 compliant graphics card
||2 GB RAM
||HDD with 3 GB free disk space
||Need Internet Connection
||Windows 10 (64 bit only)
||64 bit Intel-compatible Quad-Core CPU
||DX11 based graphics card
||8 GB RAM
||SDD with 3 GB free disk space
||Need Internet Connection
||GameMaker Studio 2 For Windows V 18.104.22.1689
GameMaker Studio 2 For Windows Features
- Backward Compatible: Import your GameMaker: Studio projects directly into Studio 2 and have them ready to run in a matter of minutes.
- Laptop Mode: For all of our users who develop on laptop pcs we have developed an efficient workflow that does not get in the way of development.
- Skinning: Customize your development environment by choosing from our predefined skins or creating your own.
- Docking: Organize your workspace by docking your tool windows where you want them.
- Object Editor: With our unique structure and workflow it has never been easier to manage the objects within your game.
- Script Editor: With tabs and the ability to split the editor you can work with multiple files without having a window for each.
- Superior Workflow: Drag and Drop like never before, create the game you want without ever writing any code.
- Library: Choose what you need from our extensive library of events and actions to sculpt the game you desire.
- Code Preview: Learn how to program by viewing the code behind our DnD™ actions and take your games to the next level.
- GameMaker Language: Based on C programming language, GML gives you all the power of other programming and scripting languages while being easy to learn.
- Layers: Take control of how objects are ordered within your rooms and draw sprites directly without the need for an object.
- Tile Brushes: Make repetition a breeze by creating a group of tiles and drawing them directly to the room.
- Inheritance: Add variety quickly to your projects by sharing common code and resources.
- Brush Based Editing: Create a brush from any section of your image simply and efficiently with our amazing new editor.
- Animation Support: Bring your sprites to life with a touch of motion and take your games to the next level.
- Tileset Animations: Liven up your levels with a hint of animation without compromising on performance.
- Brushes: Improve your workflow by creating a palette of commonly used tiles.
- Auto Tiling: Automatically choose the correct tile for the job and never have to worry about what goes where again.
- GoTo Finder: The GoTo Finder lets you search for, locate, and open any resource within your project instantly.
- Chain View: Easily navigate between resources without losing track of where you are.
- Git Integration: Save and back-up your project history from anywhere in the world with our Git integration.
- Debugger: Save time and effort with our powerful debugger.
- In-App Purchases: Free games can make you money. GameMaker’s support for adverts and in-app purchases allow you to monetize your game without having to charge a premium.
- Push Notifications: Deliver updates and notifications directly to your players using GameMaker’s support for push notifications.
- Sound Mixer: Give players the best experience by immersing them in high-quality audio.
- Networking: GameMaker allows you to structure your game to work with a client/server model, dealing with all of the network management behind the scenes, while allowing you to focus on the game itself.
- Extensions: Extend the power of GameMaker by incorporating third-party libraries and SDKs.
- Marketplace: The one-stop-shop for developers to access all of the amazing game making resources created by members of the GameMaker community.
How to Install GameMaker Studio 2?
- Extract the zip file using WinRAR or WinZip or by default Windows command.
- Open Installer and accept the terms and then install the program.
- If you are having trouble please check the fix folder for instructions.
If you have no prior programming knowledge and would like to create your own games, take a look at Scratch. It is free to use and the perfect start to your programming journey.
Design First Game from Scratch
For example, to create a copy of the original “Asteroids” game, you have to create the room that contains the player and asteroids, wrap it to make sure you can “go through walls” and come back on the other side, and draw or import images (sprites) to represent your player and asteroids.
You can also make the ship gain speed by going up, rotate to left and right by creating events (the trigger) and associated actions, keep track of the score, destroy the ship when it collides with an asteroid or destroy the asteroid when it gets hit by a bullet, and so on. The game can have sound effects (shooting, the explosion on asteroid destruction), along with a “Game Over!” screen.
FAQ Of GameMaker Studio 2
What is GameMaker Studio 2?
It (Studio 2, GMS2) is the latest and greatest iteration of GameMaker. It provides a powerful yet easy-to-use platform for all your game development needs.
Does this studio require an internet connection?
When you first install this tool you will be required to have an internet connection to log into the product and download any additional runtimes. After that you can use the product offline, although you will be required to connect again every few weeks to verify the account using the product. Note, though, that by not being connected you will not be able to access various features like Account Management or the Marketplace, nor will you receive any updates to the IDE or the runtimes. IMPORTANT! If you are using the Steam Client, then this MUST be set to online, as GameMaker Studio 2 will not work in offline mode.
Does it send any data to YoYo Games?
It sends analytics data to YoYo Games from the IDE. This includes data about the PC running the program (eg: monitor size, CPU, GPU, memory, etc…), and this data is being accumulated so that we can better target our services towards the needs of the user.
GameMaker Studio 2 free download is an easy-to-use cross-platform development tool. It is a 2D game engine that helps you to create 2D animation games without pro skills of coding. If you are finding for game developing engine then this software is the best solution for you and can easily download.