LMMS Beat Maker is an open-source digital audio workstation free software that is used to compose, edit and mix music, create the sounds and beats, arrange the sounds and rhythms to create tracks, layer the tracks to create songs, and then save the songs to an output format are all there, ready for you to use. It can also connect to your MIDI keyboard, allowing you to play music live. It also sounds and tones can be generated, played and artfully arranged to create entire tracks easily, giving you the opportunity to create music from beginning to end.
This song editor provides the facility to compose and arrange the sound, design your own sound,19 inbuilt instruments, FXmixer with unlimited channels and an arbitrary amount of effects and advance routing capability, over 1000 inbuilt samples, MIDI controller support, many in-built LADSPS effects, Vst support on windows and Linux.
Produce music on your computer
by creating melodies and beats, synthesizing and mixing sounds, arranging samples and much more.
Playback instruments, samples, and plugins
with a typing or MIDI keyboard in a user-friendly and modern interface.
Bundled with ready-to-use content
from an assortment of instrument and effect plugins, presets and samples to VST and SoundFont support.
- Compose music on Windows, Linux, and macOS
- Sequence, compose, mix and automate songs in one simple interface
- Note playback via MIDI or typing keyboard
- Consolidate instrument tracks using Beat+Bassline Editor
- Fine-tune patterns, notes, chords and melodies using Piano Roll Editor
- Full user-defined track-based automation and computer-controlled automation sources
- Import of MIDI files and Hydrogen project files
General Interface of LMMS Beat Maker
Let’s take a closer look at the different parts of the LMMS screen elements.
The Main Menu Bar provides options dealing with project files, accessing some plugins, and accessing online help.
The left side of the Tool Bar has two rows:
Buttons in the top row deal with the project files – create a new one, open, save, and export.
Buttons in the second row are used to show/hide (toggle) the different windows in the main section of the interface.
The right side of the Tool Bar contains some master controls for the song; such as tempo, time signature, volume, pitch, and a master-output visualization pane.
The Side Bar has six buttons. Clicking on any button toggles a tab on/off. Each tab displays a specific type of resource: Instrument plugins, My projects, My samples, My presets, My home, and My computer. These resources are used to compose a song.
The main part of the interface contains a number of windows, each serving a different purpose. You can show/hide any of these windows using the buttons in the second row of the Tool Bar. If you want to know more details about this user interface than, click here.
When LMMS is launched, four windows are opened by default:
- Song-Editor: This is the main component. Here all the different sound-generating elements come together with automation control and sound clips, and all combined produce a piece of music.
- Beat+Bassline Editor: This is the window where repetitive song elements (such as drum beats or basslines) can be created.
- FX Mixer: This is the sound mixer, where the volumes of each channel can be separately controlled. It also has a sub-window where special effects can be added or chained together.
- Controller Rack: This is where so-called “controllers” are added and configured. Controllers allow you to make math-depending alterations on other elements.
||1.5 GHz x86, x86_64, or ARM-based CPU with 2 cores
||Free 100 MB
||LMMS Beat Maker V 1.2.1 for Windows
LMMS Beat Maker is a sound generation system, synthesizer, beat/bassline editor and MIDI control system which can power an entire home studio. It is made for musicians which can be used to make music more powerful and attractive. If you like to compose music, mix, editing and playing on your computer, this application is for you!