What is a Web Server?
A web server is computer software and the underlying hardware that accepts requests via HTTP, the network protocol created to distribute web pages or its secure variant HTTPS. A user agent, commonly a web browser or web crawler, initiates communication by making a request for a specific resource using HTTP, and the server responds with the content of that resource or an error message. The server can also accept and store resources sent from the user agent is configured to do so.
MAMP PRO is an absolutely free development package that enables users to quickly and effortlessly install a local server environment on their Windows computer of any kind.
If you are working on several other projects, be assured that the installation of MAMP will not jeopardize your previous work. In its stable server environment, you can install Apache, PHP, and MySQL with incredible ease and be sure that your projects will run on them without a problem or compatibility issues with other software packages on your system.
As an added bonus, all that you need to remove the tool from your computer is to remove its folder, and the rest of your system will continue working as if MAMP for PC was never there.
||Windows 7, 8, 10
||2 GB RAM
||2 GB Free Hard Disk Space
||.Net Framework 4.0 and newer version
||Mamp Pro For Windows V 4.2.0
MAMP Pro Web Server For Mac Features
- The unlimited number of hosts: With this desktop app, you can create as many hosts as you want. Each host can be configured individually and thus adapted exactly to the target system. For example, choose if you need an Apache or NginX web server, which PHP version is needed, or if and which caching system is used. This allows you to work on your different projects in parallel without losing sight of the big picture.
- Multi PHP: In CGI mode, you can run each of your virtual hosts with its own PHP version. This allows you to test your projects with different PHP versions – without having to restart the servers. You can choose from a variety of PHP versions from PHP 5.4.x to PHP 7.2.x In module mode, you select a PHP version that will automatically run on all your hosts. This is useful, for example, if you want to check if your projects are running under a certain PHP version.
- Cloud: With the Cloud feature, it is possible to copy all or individual hosts to your Dropbox. The root directory of the host and its databases are backed up. Now you can work on your projects on different computers without any problems. You can also use the cloud feature to back up individual or all hosts. Unlike the free app, the cloud function is already included in the app.
- Mobile Testing: Testing your projects on mobile devices on your local network has never been easier – thanks to the Viewer App for iOS and Android. It is available for free on the App Store and Google Play Store.
- Built-in text editor: Whether you want to make a simple change to one of your projects or start a completely new one: With this text editor you can just do that, either locally or remotely on a server. The editor has all the modern features like auto-completion, syntax highlighting, etc.
- Install Extras: Install Extras like Joomla, Drupal, Grav, Media Wiki, phpBB, Opencart, WordPress, etc. with a few clicks. An extra is a package of a web application or library that we have previously tested and configured under It. When you create a virtual host, all you need to do is select the desired extra and everything will be installed automatically. Extras can also be installed on existing hosts.
- LAN Access: Do you want to keep your boss or a colleague up to date? This is now very easy via xip.io: Activate the corresponding option and click on the sharing button. Your e-mail program opens and the corresponding URL is automatically entered into a new e-mail. All the recipient has to do now is click on the link and the host you would like to share will automatically appear.
- Dynamic DNS: With the program, you can easily connect your local server to an existing dynamic DNS provider, such as no-ip.com. This makes it very easy for clients and interested parties to access the results of your work very quickly via the Internet. Once again, the possibility of setting up any number of virtual hosts is convincing in order to be able to offer alternative configurations or suggestions. “We have additionally integrated the DNS-O-Matic service.” Now you have a huge selection of Dyn-DNS service providers, many of which are free of charge.
- Publish WordPress Hosts to your Live Hosting Server: The desktop web server app can publish your WordPress hosts. Simply enter your live server credentials into the new remote tab and select the database to transfer along with the root directory. Your project can go live with just one click.
- Import WordPress Sites from Live Servers: Import an existing WordPress site from a live server into MAMP PRO. You can now make changes to your page or test new plugins and templates without modifying your live page. You can then go live with your changes.
- Migrate WordPress sites from one server to another: Want to switch your hosting provider? No problem, simply import your site into the program and test it with the server settings of your new hoster. Test whether everything continues to work and then transfer your site to your new provider.
- Easier WordPress installation when creating a host: Enjoy the benefits of the new super-easy WordPress installation when creating a host. It takes only one click and seconds later your WordPress host is ready.
- Snapshots: You can save any state for each of your hosts – the root directory including the associated database is saved. Restore the state of a host at any time. In an emergency, using snapshots saves you hours or even days of work.
- Tidy up your Hostlist: Create folders and group hosts. This makes it easy to keep track of all your projects. In addition, hosts are no longer deleted immediately but first moved to the trash. This allows you to recover a host if needed.
- And a lot more: These are just a few of the new features and improvements in It. Other new features include support for MySQL 5.7, integration of Redis caching server, remote editing of the editor, redesigned toolbar, optimized host creation dialog, and more.
MAMP Pro deploys a basic toolset required in website maintenance and testing. While installing each component individually would take a considerable amount of time, deploying them all at once in the MAMP package is quick and easy. However, the lack of support for more advanced components places it far behind its direct competitors, even though some are available in the Pro edition.