PhotoScape X is a free photo editor for windows solutions that contains everything you need for almost every kind of image-related work. This includes tools that are suited both for novices (simple image viewers, converter, easy way to stitch few images together or create animated GIFs, batch editor, screen capture tool…) and technically versed users who can use its powerful image editor to easily access more demanding tools for image editing. While this is not a tool that can be used professionally for painting, it holds a tremendous amount of features and services that can help users modify existing images the way they want it to.
It includes every possible tool that will help you during your daily work – from editing, adding effects, optimizing, organizing, to printing and sharing. Same as more known professional solutions, PhotoScape X supports almost every image formats that are used today (from RAW files to more commonly used JPEG, PNG, and animated GIFs). This photo editor for windows supports various image formats and effects brought it fame and recognition as a free replacement to Photoshop.
||Windows 10 version 16299.0 or higher
||PhotoScape X V 4.0.2 For Windows
||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese
PhotoScape X Photo Editor For Windows Features
- Viewer: Photo | Video | Audio Browser, Loupe View, Full Screen, Flag, Star Rating, Lossless Rotate, Share (Email, Twitter, Facebook), Metadata (Exif, IPTC, GPS) Viewer.
- Editor: 1,000+ Filters & Effects, Frames, Objects, Brushes & Tools, Rotate, Straighten, Flip, Resize, Crop, Circular Crop, Perspective Crop, Mask (Local Adjustments), Redo+, Project.
- Cut Out: Remove the background from an image. (Magic Eraser, Lasso tool, Brush tool)
- Batch: Batch edit multiple photos.
- Collage: Merge multiple photos on the collage frame to create one final photo.
- Combine: Attach multiple photos vertically or horizontally to create one final photo.
- GIF Creator: Create Animated GIF.
- Print: Print photos.
- Screen Capture: Capture your screenshot and save it.
- Color Picker: Zoom in on images, search and pick a color.
- Split: Slice a photo into several pieces.
- Batch Format Change: Convert multiple images to another format at once.
- Batch Resize: Resize multiple images at the same time.
- Batch Rename: Change photo file names in batch mode.
- Filters & Effects: Magic Color, Miniature, Bloom, HDR, Surrealistic, Grayscale, Sepia, Badicoot, Black & White, Negative, Auto Levels, Auto Contrast, Sharpen, Blur, 80+ Films, 80+ Duotones, 100+ Light Leaks, 120+ Overlays, 40+ Old Photos, 40+ Dirt & Scratches, 40+ Textures, 20+ Lens Flares, and more.
- Frames: 290+ Frames, 240+ Shapes, Borders
- Objects: 1,000+ Stickers, 240+ Figures, Image, Text, Text Warp, Magnifier, Arrow, Line, Rectangle, Rounded Rectangle, Circle, Object Transform, Object Mask.
- Brushes & Tools: Draw | Scatter | Paint Brush, Paint Bucket, Mosaic Brush, Fix Red Eye, Mixer Brush, Spot Healing Brush, Liquify, Clone Stamp
- Photo Merge: Merge to HDR, Focus Stacking
- Macro: Record multiple actions and then play them back all at once.
- Photos Extension: Extension for Photos app
Pros and Cons Of Photo Editor For Windows
|The simple batch editing process
||Some features only available on one platform
|Wide range of editing tools
||Some interface learning curve
Q: How do you merge photos in PhotoScape X?
- Add your photos by clicking the “Add” button.
- Choose to combine mode. ” Down”, “Side”, “Checker”
- Change options on the right.
- Click the “Save” button to save your combined photo.
- Click the “Edit” button to edit your combined photo at the editor tab.
Q: What is the difference between PhotoScape and PhotoScape X?
A: The main difference between the two that I have noticed is that PhotoScape X has an option to add paid features that you can purchase within the software. Whereas v3.7 has a lot of internal features like stickers and filters with no upgrade options.
Q: How do I make a background transparent in PhotoScape X?
A: Step 1: Open PhotoScape on your desktop and open the image you want to move to a transparent background. Click “File” and then click “New” to create a new image file. In the popup, choose “Transparent” for the background color.
Step 2: Click the “Wand” tool in the toolbox and use your mouse to cut out the image from the background. Press “Ctrl” and “X” to cut the image selection you want to convert to a transparent background from your original image.
Step 3: Click the blank, new image you created with a transparent background. Press the “Ctrl” and “V” keys to paste the image to the transparent background.
Step 4: Click “File” and then click “Save As.” Select “GIF” or “PNG” for the image file type. Typical transparent images are set as PNG, because the quality of the image is much better than a GIF image, which supports only 256 colors.
PhotoScape X is a photo editor for Windows that boasts a wide range of features that photographers will find useful and available for free download. It’s an excellent compromise between a robust feature set and an easy-to-use interface that you don’t have to be a graphic designer to understand.