TightVNC is a free remote control software package based on the well-known VNC software. With this software, you can view a remote machine’s desktop and monitor it with your local mouse and keyboard, almost as if you were sitting in front of that device.
TightVNC is here to assist you in any remote controlling job you might need getting done, with both server and client tools to make use of.
VNC stands for virtual network computing, and it allows you to instantly and efficiently reach the workspace of another computer in order to address issues that other people cannot solve on their own. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a problem that needs to be fixed; it can also be an excellent channel for interactive lessons and tutorials.
||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
||TightVNC Software For Windows V 28.35
It can be used to perform remote control and administration tasks in Windows, Unix, and mixed network environments. It can be very helpful in distance learning and remote customer support.
This software is used to
- Free for both personal and commercial usage, with full source code available
- Useful in administration, tech support, education, and for many other purposes
- Cross-platform, available for Windows and Unix, with Java client, including
- Compatible with standard VNC software, conforming to RFB protocol specifications.
With Tight VNC, you can:
- Cut your expenses and save your time on traveling,
- Help your friends and family to solve problems with their computers remotely,
- Make sure nothing wrong is happening on your computers when you are away.
TightVNC is such an application suite consisting of two interoperable components. The server side is to be installed on the computer that requires aid and the router (if connected through one) should be also configured to allow the computer to be discoverable from the outside through specific ports.
The second component, the client, can be rapidly run from any other PC and connected to the server just by entering the correct IP address and password. You can also run an additional tool such as No-IP DUC in order to make sure you always connect to that computer, in case its Internet connection does not provide it with a static IP address.
What’s New In Latest Version of Remote Desktop Software For Windwos
- Server for Windows: Fixed remote desktop updating problems with -share display and -sharerect options. If the shared area was changed but its size remained the same, the update did not happen.
- Server and Viewer for Windows: Details in EXE and DLL file properties have been updated. This does not affect functionality in any way (sf bug #1539).
TightVNC is a Remote Control Software, while not recommended for inexperienced users, is simple to use and, once you’ve mastered it, you can apply it to the arsenal of helpful applications that performs the job it’s supposed to do effortlessly.