VirtualDub 64-bit is a video capture and processing software licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It is designed to be a general utility that can trim and clean up video before exporting to tape or processing with another program.
Originally developed for compressing anime videos, VirtualDub has evolved and reached the stage where it can capture and process video clips faster and with better output quality. It is not as complex or feature-rich as other more powerful tools such as Adobe Premiere, but it gets the job done when it comes to linear adjustments over video streams.
VirtualDub has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files, which you can extend with third-party video filters. VirtualDub is best at processing AVI files, although it can read (not write) MPEG-1 and handle BMP image sets.
||Windows 7, 8, 10
||VirtualDub Software For Windows V 1.10.4 Build 35491
Sure, you’ve probably played a few video clips on your monitor. But have you ever made one yourself? Used a video capture device? Wrestled with the software that comes with it? Felt like the software is a few leagues above or below your level? Time to try something else.
The user interface is standard, yet intuitive. Once you have opened a video file, you can cut, copy and crop sections, apply filters, change frame rates and color depth, recompress, adjust AVI output and Wave input buffering, and others. Another feature that stands out is the ability to capture video streams to AVI format, together with sound.
Videos can also be created by putting together a series of BMPs or targets (a raster graphics format also known as Truvision TGA), accompanied by sounds. Tracks can be easily extracted from video clips, but further modifications to the audio stream must be performed in an external program.
VideoDub Video Capture Software For Windows
- Fractional frame rates. Don’t settle for 29 or 30 when you want 29.97.
- Optimized disk access for more consistent hard disk usage. Create AVI2 (OpenDML) files to break the AVI 2GB barrier and multiple files to break the FAT32 4GB limit.
- Integrated volume meter and histogram for input level monitoring.
- Real-time downsizing, noise reduction, and field swapping.
- Verbose monitoring, including compression levels, CPU usage, and free disk space.
- Access is hidden video formats your capture card may support but not have a setting for, such as 352×480.
- Keyboard and mouse shortcuts for faster operation. To capture, just hit F6.
- Clean interface layout: caption, menu bar, info panel, status bar.
VirtualDub is worth your while. It’s fast, intuitive, and faithful to its purpose – that of performing a general cleanup on video files before they are shipped to DVDs or to much more complex video processing programs.