WavePad Audio Editor is a full-featured professional audio and music editing software free for Windows and Mac. It lets you record and edit music, voice, and other audio recordings. When editing audio files, you can cut, copy and paste parts of recordings, and then add effects like echo, amplification, and noise reduction. WavePad works as a wav or mp3 editor, but it also supports a number of other file formats including vox, gsm, wma, real audio, au, aif, flac, ogg, and more.
Ad-riddled setup and tabbed interface
The installation process is easy to follow and ends in a few seconds, yet you should know it offers to download multiple third-party products.
The user interface is elegant and professional, yet intuitive and accessible. It comprises a navigation panel, a menu bar, and a tabbed ribbon, all of which facilitate your access to the entire palette of features and tools. Help contents are also enclosed, as well as some YouTube video tutorials.
Extensions supported and use a compressor, amplifier, and equalizer
WavePad free music editing software supports all commonly used audio formats (e.g. WAV, MP3, WMA, AIFF, AU, MID, WMV, MPG, AVI, APE, etc.), so working with a particular one should not be difficult.
Working with this program includes tackling an amplifier, normalizer, compressor, equalizer, multiple chain effects, and commands like reverse, fade, speed, cleanup, and voice. It is also possible to change the speed and pitch, apply a telephone or AM radio effect, use a text-to-speech feature, and several others.
Convert multiple songs, audio record, and burn your results to CDs
A sound library and several playback controls (e.g. play, stop, go to next, rewind, etc.) are also put at your disposal, while you can find a peak in a selected part of a song and start recording audio input. Furthermore, it is possible to split, join, duplicate, and copy selections, as well as insert silence and reduce noise.
A small setback is that it takes a little time to apply changes, during which you cannot work with other features of the software. Once you are done playing with the tracks, you can save your progress or burn the files to an audio CDs and share them with your friends.
In addition to that, this utility also provides the possibility to analyze sound frequencies (FFT and TFFT) and encompasses an efficient batch audio converter that allows you to convert multiple audio files to various formats.
||Windows XP/ Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Windows 10
||Pentium 300 or above
||16 MB RAM
||WavePad Audio Editor V 11.33 For Windows
||English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese
WavePad Free Music Editing Software Features
- Sound editing functions include cut, copy, paste, delete, insert, silence, auto-trim and more
- Audio effects include amplifying, normalize, equalizer, envelope, reverb, echo, reverse, and many more
- Integrated VST plugin support gives professionals access to thousands of additional tools and effects
- Supports almost all audio and music file formats including mp3, wav, vox, gsm, wma, au, aif, flac, real audio, ogg, aac, m4a, mid, amr, and many more
- Batch processing allows you to apply effects and/or convert thousands of files as a single function
- Scrub, search, and bookmark audio for precise editing
- Create bookmarks and regions to easily find, recall and assemble segments of long audio files
- Tools include spectral analysis (FFT), speech synthesis (text-to-speech), and voice changer
- Audio restoration features including noise reduction and clicks pop removal
- Supports sample rates from 6 to 96 kHz, stereo or mono, 8, 16, 24, or 32 bits
- Works directly with MixPad Multi-Track Audio Mixer
- Easy to use interface will have you editing in minutes
Pros and Cons Of WavePad Free Music Editing Software
||Audio restoration rendering can take a while
|VST plugin support
|Can convert to other formats
WavePad Audio and Music Editor prove to be an efficient and reliable piece of software, which is suitable for all types of users. The response time is not always top-notch, yet the computer’s performance is not going to be hampered as CPU and memory usage is low most of the times.