Winamp Filehippo is a powerful and popular media player for Windows which will allow you to easily play your music and video files, access the Media Library and create and edit your playlists as you wish. Winamp also packs many great features like Media Monitor Browser, skins, color themes, equalizer with audio presets, a wide variety of visualizations, and many more.
It supports numerous audio and video formats. It also plays streamed video and audio content, both live and recorded, authored worldwide. The app supports playback of many audio (MP3, OGG, AAC, WAV, MOD, XM, S3M, IT, MIDI, etc) and video types (AVI, ASF, MPEG, NSV). Internet radio and TV support, CD ripping, and CD burning.
Winamp Filehippo 2019 is a fast, flexible, high-fidelity music player software for PC!
This application is a multi-platform media player application originally developed by Nullsoft in 1997. The company has since been sold to Radionomy in 2014. The app is notable for having supported third party themes and plugins for a long time and has enjoyed a vibrant community around the creation of these extensions.
The player also has access to thousands of free songs, videos and online radio stations from SHOUTcast Radio and AOL Radio with XM.
In addition, after Winamp download, you can play and import music from audio CDs, optionally with CD-Text, and can also burn music to CDs.
Winamp comes with a couple of skins (themes) that would change its default appearance. The standard look is busy but there are several interesting features.
Winamp supports many types of streaming media: Internet radio, Internet television, XM Satellite Radio, AOL video, Singingfish content, podcasts, and RSS media feeds. It also has extendable support for portable media players, and users can access their media libraries anywhere via internet connections.
Winamp’s Library also lets you create lists of your media files, modify your music collection information and tags, download cover art thumbnails for all your albums, or easily find radio stations or Internet TV channels. More than 10 000 Radio stations and over 250 Internet TV channels are provided.
This software will also empower you to purchase your favorite MP3’s or to bookmark your favorite radio stations and channels for future listening or viewing.
What’s new in Winamp filehippo for Windows?
- Support for Windows Audio (WASAPI) Output plug-in (w.i.p.) added.
- You can now completely disable Winamp’s video support and use it as a standalone audio player.
- The update has added an auto-fullscreen option to video prefs.
- Added /ENUMPLAYLISTS to the command-line support
- This update has brought support for Windows 10 and Windows 8.1.
- The OpenMPT-based Module Player has replaced the old MikMod player.
- You can use the Ctrl+E editor to browse the path and edit the title functions easily in Winamp.
- The scrollbars and buttons have been updated. This is change is only visible in Bento skin.
- Winamp now has a player list feature and it’s available in Bento and Modern skins.
- A bug where the URLs failed to remember after the users performed Reset history in Open URL dialog.
Feature of Winamp Filehippo
- Compatible with audio files in the following formats: MID, MIDI, MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, WAV, WMA, FLAC, CD audio, KAR (Karaoke), RAW, M3U, PLS, and ASX
Edit ID3v2 metadata in Winamp Filehippo
Winamp is packed with a powerful metadata editor. Click Alt + 3 to activate the info window about the file. From here you can edit ID3v1 and ID3v2 metadata including title, artist, truck, album, year, genre, composer, publisher, copyrights, truck gain, encoded, comments, and more.
Activate Windowshade Mode in Winamp
- Winamp can be used is bar mode, where you can access all most used features to control music including change volume, play, stop, next song, previous song, song title, etc. You can activate Windowshade mode in Bento Winamp skins clicking the selected button.
- Includes more than 20 themes of Winamp skins to customize the player’s interface.
- It allows you to add files to the playlist by simply dragging and dropping from the Windows Explorer.
- Plays the majority of the video formats, like AVI, NSV, WMV, MPG, etc.
- Rips audio CDs to AAC, WMA, WAV or FLAC.
- The functionality of the audio player can be increased installing plug-ins. They can be used for example to generate new visual effects, manage the multimedia database, add support for new audio formats and more.
- It allows you to easily modify the tags of your music collection.
- You can download and see the covers of your albums.
- Incorporates an equalizer that allows you to choose between several presets to improve the sound.
- It allows you to manage external audio players by means of USB connections.
- Remote playback.
- Access to online radio stations.
- Wireless desktop sync with Winamp for Android
- iTunes Library Import
- Major podcast overhaul including new directory powered by Mediafly
- New Windows 10, 8 and Windows 7 support including taskbar player controls
- Available in 16 languages including Turkish, Romanian & Brazilian Portuguese
- Improved playlist generator
- Add the app Toolbar and control playback from your browser (optional)
Hands-on with Winamp filehippo
The interface of Winamp is unchanged and Winamp is still a great player but its age is starting to show. If you’re planning to move your playlist to Winamp, there’s a built-in tool that would help you import existing iTunes playlist and you can also find a third-party plugin to migrate from Windows Media Player.
Winamp runs fine on Windows 10 but doesn’t offer as many playback optimization tools as modern solutions like VLC media player.
By default, the audio player offers access to four skins including Winamp Classic, Winamp Modern, Bento, and Big Bento. Each of them offers a different look, and from the Winamp Options menu, you can also change the theme color.
Bento skin allows you also to activate Windowshade Mode and stick Winamp bar to the top of Desktop. You can google to download more supported skins.
Pros and Cons
|It offers a wide variety of skins that will let you change its appearance.
||It does not support FLV files.
|It provides a multitude of useful plug-ins.
||A bit of a memory hog.
||500 MHz Pentium III or comparable.
||128 MB RAM.
||15 MB Hard Disk Space.
||16 bit Sound Card.
||Internet Explorer 5.01 or higher (for Online Services)
||1x speed or greater CD Burner (Required for Burning)
||2x speed or greater CDROM (Required for Ripping)
||Winamp 5.8.3660 for Windows
||Windows 2003, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows 10, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8
||English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Chinese
||Friday, December 13th, 2013