Folder Lock is an excellent security app for Windows PC that allows you to password-safe files, directories, and drives, encrypt your sensitive files, backup files in real-time, protect portable drives, shred files and drives, and maintain a clean background.
Folder Lock will password-protect, lock, hide, and encrypt an unlimited amount of files, directories, drives, images, and documents in seconds. The secured files are hidden, cannot be erased, are inaccessible, and are extremely stable. It will hide files from children, relatives, and coworkers while still protecting them from malware, trojans, worms, and spyware. It will also keep them safe from networked PCs, cable consumers, and hackers.
Files can also be encrypted on USB Flash Drives, Memory Sticks, CD-RWs, floppies, and laptop computers. Protection operates even as files are transferred from one PC to another on a removable disc, without the need for any program to be installed.
How does it work?
Folder Lock gives you several options. Firstly, it’s integrated with Windows Explorer, so if there’s a file or folder you’d like to lock, simply find it and right-click. From here, you’ll have the option to lock or shred. If you open the program interface, you’ll have loads more options, including the ability to lock and encrypt files, protect USB sticks, CDs and DVDs and encrypt email attachments.
||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
||512 MB RAM
||20 MB of hard disk space only
||1024 x 768 screen resolution
||16-bit or higher Color Quality
||Sound Card for sounds
||Folder Lock For Windows V 7.8.5
Main Key Features of Folder Lock For Windows
- Easy Backup & Encryption: Folder Lock helps users to store encrypted files online by offering 256-bit AES. Auto-encryption enables you to restore your files at any time to any computer. This software protects USB/CD feature enables you to transfer your data from USB flash, CD/DVD to zip files, and then to email attachments.
- Make Wallets Tool: You can save your personal information such as Credit Cards, Bank Accounts, and other critical content by locking the files, folders, and portable devices without encryption. Apply to Make Wallets tool and create safe data containers and store all of your important content.
- Fool-Proof Security: A master card of the admin-level enables you to activate security passwords and control access to several sections of Folder Lock. Stealth Mode gives full stealth and makes sure that no one can hack or peep into your system in your absence.
- Shred Files: Shredding of files is a fool-proof method for removing your file from the PC forever. You can control the Shred file and Clean History Tool from the Xtras menu.
- Protection for Portable Devices: Folder Lock offers lockers for portable devices converting the Lockers for executable files which save you from installing the tool for accessing secured files, burn them CD/DVDs as well as creating password-protected zips for email attachments.
Pros And Cons of Folder Lock For Windows 10
|This software integrates with Windows Explorer
|Loads of lockable options
|This software provides you wallet functionality
|Good extras, like back up and shred
Folder Lock is a well-built, flexible application that offers more than just locking down folders. You also have the option to create virtual encrypted Wallets, for storing data such as addresses and bank information. You can also back up all of your encrypted data to the cloud. These configuration settings are comprehensive and password protected for extra security.
It also comes with some additional options including Stealth Mode, Hacker Attempt Monitoring, Shred files, AutoLock, Auto Shutdown PC, Lock your PC, Erase PC tracks, 256-bit Blowfish Encryption, and Context Menu in Explorer.
Folder Lock is one of the most powerful security tools you can stumble across while browsing the web. It offers so many options to enhance file safety that it is highly possible to get lost in the number of password requirements and places to store data. However, this can also be used as a means to keeping predators at bay.