VLC Filehippo is an open-source, cross-platform, free multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, MP3, and OGG, as well as for DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols developed by the VideoLAN project. VLC is available for desktop operating systems and mobile platforms, such as Android, iOS, iPadOS, Tizen, Windows 10 Mobile, and Windows Phone. VLC is also available on digital distribution platforms such as Apple’s App Store, Google Play and Microsoft Store.
VLC has got a 12-band equalizer for adjusting frequency sliders from fine-tuning the sounds. This media player capable of connecting you to hundreds of free internet radio stations so that you can stream radio online whenever you like. It also can be used as a server for unicast or multicast streams in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
Additionally, It also plays incomplete files which can be very useful to check the authenticity of any video without downloading full video. It is a versatile, user-friendly media player with the most basic UI.
VLC Filehippo Features
Fast – Hardware Decoding
VLC has hardware decoding on most platforms. It supports 0-copy on the GPU and can fall back on software when required.
VLC Filehippo offers us great stability and versatility as it’s capable of playing almost any multimedia file that can be played. And it does so thanks to its own codecs that prevents it from having continuously search for updates on the Internet. Its great reputation has led it to have other platforms such as Mac, Linux, iPhone, and Android.
VLC media player makes it effortless to add subtitles to your own video files also – simply add the SRT file into the folder where your video has been stored, and it is going to automatically play subtitles.
Ultimately, the port in VLC media player continues to be marginally improved although it stays strictly operational. But, you may download skins to completely alter VLC media player’s look. The preferences menu is comprehensive without being overpowering, and there’s extensive documentation on the web.
VLC Media Player is very simply the very best multimedia program for both Windows and Mac. It performs just about anything, hassle-free – what more would you want? If you’re searching for free choices for this app, we advise you to try others also KMPlayer, Winamp, and GOM Player.
VLC Media Player allows us to easily stream videos from online sources. Online videos from video hosting sites like YouTube, DailyMotion, LiveLeak etc can be opened and played from this Media Player. It can stream audio radio as well, Streaming videos is really simple and easily. Filehippo VLC media player isn’t only for video playback, yet. Additionally, it provides superb integration with movie channel streaming services like Channels.com providing you access to channels like ESPN, Reuters, and National Geographic. Simply right-click or CMD-click on the playlist, choose Services Discovery and Channels.com.
Channels.com will subsequently look on your VLC media player playlist. Click it to show different sorts of channels out there. Click the class you need and a drop-down collection of available channels seems in VLC media player. Just click on the channel you wish to see and streaming should start almost immediately.
Advanced controls for a full customization
The program’s configuration options offer the user total freedom as almost any aspect of VLC Filehippo can be customized: playing, audio, subtitle tracks, channels, etc.
In turn, the tools menu not only allows us to adjust any aspect of the file being played but also the interface so as to adapt it to the preferences of each user. Its design is precisely one of the most appealing aspects of the program. Not all developers of this kind of software are aware that the simpler the better. In VLC we’ll find a sober interface and design with no frills that allow us to pay more attention to the contents than to the container.
VLC Filehippo Plays all formats
- Video formats: MPEG-1/2, DivX, MPEG-4 ASP, DivX, XviD, 3ivX D4, H.261, H.263 / H.263i, H.264 / MPEG-4, AVC, Cinepak, Theora, Dirac / VC-2, MJPEG (A/B), WMV, VC-1 1, QuickTime, Digital Video, On2, Indeo Video v3 and Real Video.
- Audio formats: MPEG, MP3, AAC, Vorbis, AC3, E-AC-3, MLP, DTS, WMA, FLAC, ALAC, Speex, MPC, ATRAC 3, Wavpack, Mod, TrueAudio, APE, Real Audio, Alaw, AMR, MIDI, LPCM, ADPCM, QCELP, DV Audio. QuickTime and MACE.
- Sound and image transmission formats: UDP/RTP Unicast and Multicast, HTTP, FTP, MMS, TCP/RTP Unicast, DCCP/RTP Unicast, DVD Video, VCD, SVCD, Audio CD, DVB, and MPEG. That can broadcast the following formats: MPEG, AVI, ASF, WMV, WMA, MP4, MOV, 3GP, OGG, OGM, Annodex, Matroska (MKV), Real, WAV, Raw Audio, RAW Digital Video, FLAC, FLV (Flash), MXF, Nut, Standard MIDI and Creative Voice.
- Subtitle formats: DVD, text files, Vobsub, USF, SVCD, DVB, OGM, CMML, and Kate.
- Tag formats: ID3, APEv2, and Vorbis comment.
VLC Filehippo Hidden Features
- Creating Audio and Video Effects
- Record Your Desktop
- Convert Video to Mp3 Files
- Stream Media over Network or Internet
- Play and safely Download YouTube Videos
- Rip a DVD
- Record your webcam
- Subscribe to Podcasts
- VLC plays Files, Discs, Webcams, Devices, and Streams.
- Add Watermark on Video
- Subscribe to podcasts
- No spyware, No ads, No user tracking.
- Debanding, grain, denoising, and anti-flickering filters.
- Deinterlacing filter, including an Inverse Telecine algorithm.
- Resamplers for higher quality audio.
- Dynamic range compressor and karaoke filters.
- Simplification of the audio core for faster processing.
- Audio outputs for iOS, Android and OS/2.
- Multi-threaded decoding for H.264, MPEG-4/Xvid, and WebM.
- Support for 10bits codecs, WMV image, and some other codecs.
- Rewritten support for images, including jpeg, png, xcf, bmp etc.
- Important changes in RealVideo and Real Format support.
- CrystalHD cards and Android OpenMAX support for hardware