WinZip 24.0 Build 13681
WinZip Filehippo can Manage, protect and share your files in an all-new modern interface. There is various compression utility out there that give you the possibility to not only reduce the amount of space taken by files on your hard disk drive but also prevent them from being infected by malicious software. One such utility that has made a name throughout the years is WinZip, offering a lot more helpful tools than ever.
Running the application brings up a modernly designed interface with features cleverly stored in an upper toolbar with intuitive icons, each found in dedicated categories. The workspace is merely a list that displays files that are about to undergo archiving or extraction, along with related info such as name, type, size, path and more.
Available compression methods include maximum, enhanced deflate, super-fast, or no compression in order to better suit your needs. However, seeing how most storage devices are capable of containing large amounts of data, this should not be a great concern. It does a good job, reducing the file size by a decent amount, featuring support for most archive formats used today.
The overall process is done fast, be it archiving or extraction, but at the cost of a considerable amount of system resources. When this is done, a post-process screen is displayed with helpful info regarding before and after changes that were made, including size.
Since data transfer can be done through an abundance of methods, such as disk drive, removable devices, and even various cloud services, WinZip manages to stay one step ahead of its competitors by offering full support for sharing, hence the name of the first file menu: unzip/share.
The application is suitable for both at home and in work environments due to the variety of tools it offers. Adding files to get them ready for compression can be done via drag and drop, as well as from the integrated context menu entry.
Items you add can quickly be shared with your friends or business associates via your preferred email account, various social networks, as well as your personal cloud service. Additional tools let you have image files automatically resized to several preset resolutions and even fitted with a watermark, as soon as they are added to the process.
WinZip Filehippo Features
- With WinZip, you can instantly compress files to conserve storage space, send swifter emails, and decrease file upload/download times. Zip documents, spreadsheets, PDFs, presentations, you name it!
- WinZip introduces a versatile new architecture to support significant performance enhancements, giving additional power and agility to your file compression tasks.
- With easy tools and drag-and-drop functionality, WinZip helps you create compressed files in the following formats: Zip, LHA, and Zipx (our smallest Zip file to date). Not sure which format to use? Let WinZip select the best compression method to maximize efficiency! You can even create self-extracting Zip files, which are ideal for distribution to recipients who may not own WinZip.
- WinZip also provides advanced photo and image compression. With a single click, you can compress your digital photographs and graphic images by 20-25% with no loss of quality or data integrity. This lets you send files faster and fit more on your flash drive, CD/DVD, or hard disk.
- Decompress Files: In addition to compressing files, WinZip instantly opens and extracts content from the industry’s widest selection of compressed file types, including Zip, Zipx, RAR, 7Z, BZ2, LHA, CAB, IMG, ISO, and most other file archive formats.
Supported File Formats:
- Zip (.zip)
- Zipx (.zipx)
- RAR (.rar)
- 7Z (.7z)
- BZ2 (.bz, .bz2, .tbz, .tbz2)
- LHA/LZH (.lha, .lzh)
- Cabinet (.cab)
- Disc Image (.img, .iso)
- TAR (.tar)
- GZIP (.gz, .taz, .tgz)
- Compress (.tz, .z)
- UUencode (.uu, .uue)
- XXencode (.xxe)
- MIME (.b64, .mim)
- BinHex (.bhx, .hqx)
- Most other compressed files
- Encrypt Files: Along with state-of-the-art file compression and decompression, It also offers strong AES encryption to help you secure sensitive data from unauthorized access. Encrypt and password-protect your files as you zip them, all in one easy step! You can even define your own password policies that it will enforce for each file you encrypt.
- As an added security measure, It also auto-wipes or “shreds” temporarily extracted copies of encrypted files using the U.S. Department of Defense standard (DoD 5220.22-M). This automatic action prevents protected files from being recovered and misused.
- Use this software to organize and compress your data into convenient, logical groups that are perfect for sharing! Smaller file sizes translate to faster uploading/downloading times and hassle-free email attachments that don’t clog email servers. Using Winzip Filehippo powerful encryption capabilities, you can also password-protect compressed files to prevent third parties from gaining unwanted access to your data, making them ideal for sharing!
- WinZip includes convenient Zip and E-mail tools so that you can zip, encrypt, and email a file directly from the window without having to open any other applications. This allows you to work without interruption and share files swiftly, safely, and seamlessly! It provides extensive support for most email and webmail applications—once configured, you can zip and email files from virtually any email address! In addition in this software Zip and Email, function includes an image resizer that allows you to resize, zip, and email a set of images in one easy step!
- Back-Up Files: It takes full advantage of its file compression technology with an automated data backup facility that helps you prevent data loss. Backup your desktop, documents, pictures, email, etc. using pre-defined jobs or by creating custom backup jobs using simple wizards. You can set the software to backup selected data files, and you can schedule those backups to run automatically and unattended.
WinZip Filehippo System Requirements:
- Microsoft® Windows® XP, Windows Vista® or Windows 7 with the latest service packs installed.
- Pentium®-compatible 350MHz or higher processor.
- 128 MB of RAM.
- 15.4 MB of hard disk space.
- 640 x 480 or higher monitor resolution.
- 16mb of disk space.
Security is always a concern, that’s why an integrated function gives you the possibility to have files encrypted so only you have access to them. Moreover, there is even a converter you can use to turn common Office suite documents to the PDF format.
This software not only manages to live up to expectations but also to impress with the number of tools it comes equipped with. This makes it a lot more than a simple compression utility, quickly going down the path of being a powerful office assistant. A lot more can be said, but the true magic is discovering the potential of this once more by yourself.